Have you ever walked into someone else’s home and wondered how they keep it all together? No smells from the family pet, everything in its place, and floors that make you envious. We know their secret and are here to help you achieve it too. Below is a list of 6 things people with clean homes do every single day to maintain a clean and healthy home for unexpected guests.
- They make their beds. From the moment they step out of bed in the morning, they have a routine. Making your bed only takes a minute or two and should be part of your morning routine too.
- They Empty the Dishwasher. Most likely you have dishes in the dishwasher from last night’s dinner. As you are preparing your morning breakfast, simply take a minute to put the dishes away. You can also load up any dishes that are sitting in the sink. If the dishes haven’t been washed yet, take the time to start a wash cycle before heading out for the day.
- They load the washer and put away laundry. This is either a favorite chore or a chore that you loathe. Either way, it has to be kept up or it can easily get out of control. The laundry room needs a little organization to keep everything in order. This is a great place to use baskets to sort your lights, darks, and towels. Staying on top of the laundry also keeps odors away.
- They clean as they go. We live in our homes so it is a constant necessity to clean as you go. If you have children in the home, have them put away toys before they move on to something else. Paw print, footprints? Use our Quick Shine® Daily Care Cleaners to wipe up after little messes. Cooking Dinner? Wipe down counters and load the dishwasher to prevent piled-up dishes in the sink.
- They vacuum often. Depending upon how often everyone in the home takes their shoes off at the door or how bad your pet’s shed can determine just how often you need to vacuum or dry dust the floors. Vacuuming once or twice a week will help keep debris at a minimum and odors away.
- They use baskets to organize. Baskets are not just for the laundry room. They can hold throw blankets, toys, or anything else that doesn’t belong on the floor in a fashionable way.
All of these things can easily be achieved without feeling overwhelmed. Start adding them into your day-to-day routine. Let us know what else you do every day to keep your home ready for the unexpected knock at the door.