7 Quick Tips For A Forever Shine
If you have already applied our Quick Shine® Finish to your floors, you know our Finish truly makes your floors look like new. If you want to maintain that shine we have 7 quick tips to help you.
- When vacuuming your floors, make sure the beater bar is lifted to avoid scuffing the Finish.
- Dry dust your floors with a microfiber mop pad to trap and lock in dust/debris and avoid surface scratches. The grit that we track in from outside acts like sandpaper on your floors so keeping up with a daily dusting will help eliminate these scratches.
- Use our Quick Shine® Daily Care Multi-Surface or Hardwood Floor Cleaner to wipe away messes quickly. This will help prevent spills from absorbing into the Finish if left on the surface too long.
- Use our Quick Shine® Cleaners in our Quick Shine® Multi-Surface Spray Mop to damp mop your floors. This is especially important for laminate and hardwood floors. Steam mops or acidic cleaners can have a negative effect on our Finish and dull it.
- Avoid surface scratches by removing shoes at the door and trimming pet nails. There are creative ways to store shoes so they don’t make your home look messy.
- It is important to lift heavy furniture rather than scoot it across your floors. Whether our Finish has been applied or not, heavy furniture can cause serious damage to hardwood. Adding felt pads to the bottom of the legs will save your floors from any scratches too!
- Place rugs in areas where the floor often catches water, for example; entryways, under pet food/water bowls and kitchen sinks.
These simple tips will prolong the life of our Quick Shine® Finish and keep your floors looking flawless for months.
Tags: checklist, floor care tips, floor dust, floor protection, floor shine, floor tips, home care tips, shiny floors
What product can be used on polyurethane wood floors?
We recommend our Quick Shine High Traffic Hardwood Floor Luster on your polyurethane wood floors. This product will provide a deep, rich, protective glow to hardwood floors. If you need application tips, please visit our website at http://www.quickshine.net or contact customer service at 800-255-1891 for more info.
Just wanted to say, that I have looked for a product to make my Vinyl rug shine for a long time. I was about to give up when I ran across your product, so I decided to give it a try and was I ever glad I did. This was amazing how pretty of a shine it left on my floor. I am sold on it.
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a quick comment. We love hearing from our satisfied customers. Enjoy the shine!
Your style is so unique compared to other people I have
read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this blog.
Hi Jamison! Thank you for your thoughtful comment. We try to post new blogs on our site every few weeks. Check back for great tips and follow us on Facebook.
We just recently had luxury vinyl plank flooring put down. The contractor that put the floors in had his cleaning person use your product – Quick Shine Multi Surface Floor Finish. It certainly made the floors shine but at the same time it has made floors that were virtually maintenance free not so maintenance free now. There are scuffs all over from the kids shoes and just normal activity. I can’t get the scuff marks to come off. Any suggestions on how to remove the scuff marks and what if I want the shine removed, what do I use. Was this product suppose to be used on vinyl plank flooring?
Thank you for reaching out to us. You can safely remove the scuffed areas only or the shine completely from you luxury vinyl floors with our Quick Shine Deep Cleaner. Simply dilute one cup of Quick Shine Deep Cleaner with a half a gallon of HOT water from your sink. Working in 5 foot sections at a time, apply solution and let sit for 3-4 minutes before mopping away. If you have additional questions, please contact 800-255-1891. We are always happy to help!