If you have already applied our Quick Shine® Finish to your floors, you know our Finish truly makes your floors look like new. If you want to maintain that shine we have 7 quick tips to help you.
- When vacuuming your floors, make sure the beater bar is lifted to avoid scuffing the Finish.
- Dry dust your floors with a microfiber mop pad to trap and lock in dust/debris and avoid surface scratches. The grit that we track in from outside acts like sandpaper on your floors so keeping up with a daily dusting will help eliminate these scratches.
- Use our Quick Shine® Daily Care Multi-Surface or Hardwood Floor Cleaner to wipe away messes quickly. This will help prevent spills from absorbing into the Finish if left on the surface too long.
- Use our Quick Shine® Cleaners in our Quick Shine® Multi-Surface Spray Mop to damp mop your floors. This is especially important for laminate and hardwood floors. Steam mops or acidic cleaners can have a negative effect on our Finish and dull it.
- Avoid surface scratches by removing shoes at the door and trimming pet nails. There are creative ways to store shoes so they don’t make your home look messy.
- It is important to lift heavy furniture rather than scoot it across your floors. Whether our Finish has been applied or not, heavy furniture can cause serious damage to hardwood. Adding felt pads to the bottom of the legs will save your floors from any scratches too!
- Place rugs in areas where the floor often catches water, for example; entryways, under pet food/water bowls and kitchen sinks.
These simple tips will prolong the life of our Quick Shine® Finish and keep your floors looking flawless for months.