Cleaning Tips To Live By
We all have certain ways we clean our homes, but what if there is a more efficient way to clean? What if we have been cleaning wrong our whole lives?
Stick with these tried and true methods to clean your home and pretend you have been cleaning this way all along, we won’t tell.
- Always start with safe products. A gentle cleaner accomplishes a lot. Safer chemical products not only protect our loved ones but still clean. Quick Shine’s® entire line of floor care products are all Safer Choice Approved. Check them out here.
- Clean everything from top to bottom and left to right. Dust ceilings then walls or wipe cabinets then countertops and finish with floors. This way you don’t miss a single inch of the surface you are cleaning and you won’t have to re-clean surfaces and spend more time.
- Let your cleaner sit on the surface longer to acclimate. This method will remove more soil and eliminate scrubbing. Spray down a surface and move on to another area for a few minutes.
- Do the eye level test. Crouch down to eye level to see underneath appliances or other items around the home to thoroughly clean the entire surface.
- All about the “S”. From floors to countertops and appliances, you should spray your cleaner in an “S” pattern onto the surface to avoid any missed areas and the entire space gets cleaned. Even Fairy Godmother knows this tip!
- Find the smell. Odor absorbs into carpets, fabrics, and upholstery so clean these surfaces often. Clean items that cause odors such as dishes and laundry. Take out trash as soon as it is full. Light a candle to add pleasant odors and create ambiance.
What other tried and true tips do you have that we need to know? Comment to share with us below.
Tags: clean floors, clean smells, clean tables, clean walls, cleaning habits, cleaning with care
I purchased Quick Shine (hardwood, laminate, tile, vinyl & stone) for my terra cotta tiles to give them some shine as you come into the foyer. Before using it I had cleaned the tiles and well rinsed them. It was a rainy day, and one or two people came into the house and walked on the scatter rug then on to the tiles. I do not use salt on my walkway so there was only the slate and cement coming into the house. Unfortunately I did not pay attention and the water droplets from their shoes caused a nasty mess of areas where the Quick Shine had lifted off the tiles. I don’t know what to do now, should I try to put more Quick Shine over the whole mess and pray it covers or should I just dab where the dull spots are and pray it covers. I’m too old and feeble to get down on my hands and knees to scrub.
You can spot treat that area with our Quick Shine Deep Cleaner. Our Deep Cleaner was specifically developed to liquefy our Finish so it does not require alot of scrubbing. Simply dilute our Deep Cleaner with HOT water and mop solution over affected area, let sit 2-3 minutes and mop away. Finish with a clean water rinse. Once the area is clean and dry, you can reapply a new coat of our Finish to even out the shine again. If you have additional questions, please contact 800-255-1891. We are always happy to help!