Everything You Should Clean Before Vacation
Warm breeze, crystal clear waters, and the aroma of some pretty amazing food are just a few reasons to look forward to a little rest and relaxation on vacation. Besides the change of pace offered by a vacation while it’s happening, an additional benefit of taking time off is being primed to appreciate and enjoy your own home, routines, and everyday life again. Nothing kills this buzz more, though than returning to a home with demands the minute you walk in the door. So save yourself from the dreaded return with these simple tips.
- Take out the trash.
- Run the dishwasher, empty it, and leave it open a crack to allow for air circulation.
- Have all of your laundry washed, folded, and put away so your piles aren’t tumbling over upon return. Also, leave the washer lid open for air circulation.
- Clean out the fridge of any food that will perish while you’re gone.
- Pick up clutter around the house.
- Leave the thermostat at a moderately comfortable temperature.
- Make sure your bed is made. Bonus points if you wash your bedding first so you have clean sheets to climb into.
- Just before leaving, give your floors a final dusting with Quick Shine Hardwood Floor Mop Kit and Microfiber Pad.
If you don’t have the time to clean your house, you can hire a professional to do it for you. Your vacation will actually feel like a vacation and coming home will feel like coming home sweet home. 🏡
Tags: checklist, clean floors, clean home, clean home tips, clean house, clean house tips, cleaning, cleaning care, cleaning checklist, cleaning guide, floor care tips, floor cleaning, floor cleaning tips, vacation