Whether you have kids at home or just love to entertain, keeping your floors tidy and clean can be a real challenge. Quick Shine® Floor Finish is the perfect choice to shine and protect your floors against foot traffic and prevent them from looking dull or worn. Our quick and easy application transforms any room within minutes. Below is a quick go-to guide on finishing and maintaining your floors to WOW your guests of all ages.
- Dry dust mop prior to applying Quick Shine® Multi-Surface Finish or Hardwood Luster to remove any dust/debris from your floors.
- After the floor is free of debris, pet hair and dust squirt Finish in an S-shape on the floor.
- Using broad even strokes spread the finish with a damp microfiber mop or sponge mop working in small 5 by 5-foot sections at a time
- Dries to a gloss in 30 minutes
- After the floor is completely dry additional coats can be applied using the same method as above if a higher gloss is desired
- Keep the finish glow fresh by dry dusting weekly with a dry microfiber mop to eliminate everyday dust and debris.
- For heavier dirt, footprints, spills, or soil use Quick Shine® Cleaners to maintain the finish gloss.
- Simply squirt onto the floor in an S-shape and spread with a clean, freshly rinsed sponge mop or microfiber mop pad. It is important to wring the pad frequently in order to release the dirt from the pad to prevent streaking and hazing.
- You can also use Quick Shine® Cleaners in our Quick Shine Spray Mop for a more convenient cleaning method. Again, rinse the mop pad frequently to prevent hazing and clouding.
- Every 2-4 months reapply a fresh new coat of Quick Shine® Multi-Surface or Hardwood Finish to enhance the glow.
- Each time you refresh repeat the “Maintain It” bullet points above for maximum gloss protection.
- Establish floor mats or throw rugs at entryways and walkways to minimize the abrasion of the finish caused by dirt and grit tracking.
- Place felt-tipped protectors on the bottoms of chairs and furniture legs.
- Keep pet nails trimmed.
- Try going shoeless as sock traffic is better than shoe traffic.