Go-To Guide: Finish and Maintain
Whether you have kids at home or just love to entertain, keeping your floors tidy and clean can be a real challenge. Quick Shine® Floor Finish is the perfect choice to shine and protect your floors against foot traffic and prevent them from looking dull or worn. Our quick and easy application transforms any room within minutes. Below is a quick go-to guide on finishing and maintaining your floors to WOW your guests of all ages.
- Dry dust mop prior to applying Quick Shine® Multi-Surface Finish or Hardwood Luster to remove any dust/debris from your floors.
- After the floor is free of debris, pet hair and dust squirt Finish in an S-shape on the floor.
- Using broad even strokes spread the finish with a damp microfiber mop or sponge mop working in small 5 by 5-foot sections at a time
- Dries to a gloss in 30 minutes
- After the floor is completely dry additional coats can be applied using the same method as above if a higher gloss is desired
- Keep the finish glow fresh by dry dusting weekly with a dry microfiber mop to eliminate everyday dust and debris.
- For heavier dirt, footprints, spills, or soil use Quick Shine® Cleaners to maintain the finish gloss.
- Simply squirt onto the floor in an S-shape and spread with a clean, freshly rinsed sponge mop or microfiber mop pad. It is important to wring the pad frequently in order to release the dirt from the pad to prevent streaking and hazing.
- You can also use Quick Shine® Cleaners in our Quick Shine Spray Mop for a more convenient cleaning method. Again, rinse the mop pad frequently to prevent hazing and clouding.
- Every 2-4 months reapply a fresh new coat of Quick Shine® Multi-Surface or Hardwood Finish to enhance the glow.
- Each time you refresh repeat the “Maintain It” bullet points above for maximum gloss protection.
- Establish floor mats or throw rugs at entryways and walkways to minimize the abrasion of the finish caused by dirt and grit tracking.
- Place felt-tipped protectors on the bottoms of chairs and furniture legs.
- Keep pet nails trimmed.
- Try going shoeless as sock traffic is better than shoe traffic.
Tags: clean home, clean home tips, cleaning guide, floor finish, floor guide, floor guides, maintaining floors, maintaining shine
I just used a small amount of your Quick Shine Multi Surface floor finish on a small area of my 25 year old Corian countertop, It now has a beautiful glossy shine and looks brand new. Is this okay to do? Im tempted to do all of the countertops but want to make sure it wont damage the corian. So far my test area looks fantastic. Please reply. Thanks!
Yes, many consumers have used our Quick Shine® Finish on a variety of sealed hard surfaces including cabinets, furniture and countertops. Quick Shine® Finish is a water-borne polymer formulation designed to protect and impart a rich, deep, protective glow to sealed surfaces. You can safely apply our Finish without damaging your Corian countertop. If you ever decide to remove our Finish, we recommend our Quick Shine® Deep Cleaner. If you have additional questions, please contact customer service at 800-255-1891. We are always happy to help!
used quick shine floor luster is shinny in spots and dull in others what did do wrong?
If the Luster performed properly in some areas and not in others, there may be some cleaning residue on the floor that it is reacting with. Apply a new coat and see if that evens out the appearance of the floor. If you are still seeing dull areas, we recommend removing the Luster with Quick Shine Deep Cleaner and starting over.
Do I rinse with clear water after I wash my LVP floors with Quick Shine Concentrated Multi SURFACE cleaner?
No, Quick Shine Concentrated Floor Cleaner does not have to be rinsed if diluted properly.
Why is it advisable the Quick Shine floor finish be applied with a damp sponge mop versus dry dusting mop.
Hi Michael, we recommend applying our Finish with a damp mop to avoid the finish from soaking into the pad and causing streaking.
What effect will puppy pee have on a hardwood floor protected by Quick Shine??
If a dog has an accident on the floor with a coat of our Finish, you may notice a cloudy stain. If this occurs, you can spot treat the affected areas with ammonia and HOT water. Apply solution, let sit 1-2 minutes and wipe away. Once the area is clean and dry, simply reapply a new coat to blend and even out the appearance of your floor again.
I live in the country and have a large dog and have a lot of sand around us. Can I use plain water several times a week to clean the dirt and sand off with out damaging the shine?
Yes, plain water or a pH neutral cleaner is great for everyday cleaning. It is important however to wait several days after applying a new coat of finish before cleaning.
Can you tell where I went wrong. My finish looks spotty in some areas; like dry skin. Help me please.
Quick Shine Floor Finish may be reacting with a residue on your floors as it sounds like it performed properly in some other areas. We recommend spot treating or removing the Finish from your floors and starting fresh with Quick Shine Deep Cleaner. Once the floor is clean and dry, simply reapply for an even appearance.
I clean houses and they want me to use quick shine floor finish every two weeks. Will that hurt the floors to do it that often. Will it build up and if it does how do I strip it to get back to original floor surface.
We recommend applying Quick Shine Floor Finish every 2-6 months when needed. Maintain the shine every two weeks with Quick Shine Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner. This pH-neutral cleaner will not remove the finish and will clean the floor surface enhancing the shine with every clean.
The dried floor luster hardens on the mop pad, how do we clean the hardened luster off the application mop?
You can soak your mop pad in a mixture of 1 cup Ammonia and 1/2 gallon of HOT water for 30-45 minutes and rinse clear. This should dissolve the hardened finish and soften the fibers of your mop again.
Just did my first quick shine, love it, but now I’m already worried about the future…two questions – Refresh it every 2-4 months, but do I just reapply over the existing polish or do I deep clean? If reapply over the Polish then How often is it recommended to strip all together using your deep clean?
You can reapply over existing applications every 2-6 months when needed. Deep Clean every few years.