Christmas is less than 2 weeks away and it’s time to start prepping your home for festivities and overnight guests. Skip the chaos of cleaning the day before or the day of and use this simple holiday cleaning checklist to prepare your home for holiday entertaining.
If you start cleaning a few things here and there now it will make things much easier and less stressful. Below we have provided a list of tasks you can accomplish daily so that when it’s time for your guests to arrive your home is all set:
- Clean things that are often overlooked. Window curtains and blinds, windows and window sills, wipe down baseboards, ceiling fans, kitchen cabinets, and interior and exterior doors – we touch our doors daily!
- Wipe down all appliances. Having clean and shiny appliances makes the kitchen seem bigger and of course, super clean! Wipe down your range/stove top, dishwasher, sink, and refrigerator, and don’t forget about any countertop appliances you may have. You may also want to clean out and organize your refrigerator to make room for party foods!
- Deep clean bathrooms. No guest wants to use a dirty bathroom, especially if it’s not their own. Be sure to deep clean all bathrooms and medicine cabinets (yes, people will look in there).
- Set the guest bedroom. Launder bedding, remove any clutter that may have accumulated throughout the year (we all have that “junk space”), and clean out closets and drawers to make room for your guests’ items. It’s also a good idea to place a box of tissues and a small trash can in the room – tis’ the season!
- Maintenance cleaning. Sweep entryway, vacuum, and mop all floors, dust all surfaces including bookshelves, photo frames, etc., and straighten coat closet to make room for guests’ coats.
Check out all the amazing products we offer here and select the ones you need to help start your holiday cleaning today! Don’t forget to use the coupon code at checkout to receive your discount!
Also, with any big gathering during the holidays, there’s bound to be an accident or two. Click the link below for an emergency housecleaning guide to quickly and efficiently clean up spills and splatters so the party can keep on rolling!