How To Protect Your Floors When Moving Heavy Furniture
There are many times as a homeowner that you might find yourself moving furniture or heavy objects around. Maybe you just inherited the family piano or have decided to rearrange your furniture or maybe you are installing new floors throughout your home and need to move everything from room to room. Whatever the reason, we have some great tips for protecting your floors and avoiding permanent scuffs or scratches. By taking a few simple precautionary measures, you can protect your flooring and keep the beautiful wood in great condition.
- Start with doormats. Line the entryway with mats to help keep the slippery stuff away from the wood floors, and you’ve taken one big step in preventing accidents.
- When moving large furniture, use furniture sliders if you can’t carry them. No furniture sliders? Use cardboard or a ram board.
- For heavy or bulky furniture such as tables and chairs, cover the feet and edges with a soft fabric or wrap them in padding. This helps protect your hardwood flooring in case you accidentally drop the item on the floor.
- Use felt chair glides or felt furniture pads to avoid any scratching during movement.
By getting the help of professional services, moving around your furniture and temporarily removing them to make rearranging easier and safer on your floors. If you do encounter a few scratches over time, protect your floors with Quick Shine Hardwood Floor Luster. Our pH-neutral water-borne polymer finish fortified with pure plant-based Carnauba will fill in micro-scratches and even out the appearance of your floor giving it that new floor shine in less than an hour.
Tags: floor care tips, hardwood care, hardwood floors, hardwood tips, heavy furniture, protecting floors, quick shine
I recently applied QuickShine Multi-Surface Floor Finish to my porcelain tile floors. I am very impressed and pleased with the results. I do have a couple of questions:
• How long is the finish good for before a new coat(s) is required for a lightly trafficked floor? 4-6 months
• Does the finish ever need to be removed with your deep clean product? You can remove our Finish if the floor becomes compromised by not properly maintaining the floor with Quick Shine Deep Cleaner
Thank you in advance for your help.
I just applied quick shine to my hardwood floors what’s the best thing to clean them with so I can keep the sunshine😍😍😍
We recommend maintaining the shine with Quick Shine Multi-Surface or Hardwood Floor Cleaner. These pH neutral formulas will not dull the finish or leave sticky residue behind like other brands can. Dry dust often to keep dirt/debris to a minimum. 🤩