It’s easy to get carried with a new Kitchen remodel project so before you start, it’s a good idea to do some research. This New Year has me so ready for fresh upgrades. We just painted our cabinets last year but there is little décor to add character and design to the space. The Kitchen isn’t just for cooking anymore, it’s a living space. One thing that really bothers me about our space is that I don’t have an island or place that my family can sit at and have a chat. Our Kitchen flows right into our Dining Room which can be seen but no one ever wants to sit in there. My design dilemma is where to place it. I have a big open space but I don’t want to block the view to my French doors or the Living Room. Do you have any Kitchen styling dilemmas that are holding you back from making any new updates? Check out these 5 Do’s and Don’ts of Kitchen Styling.
- Don’t Over-Design, Know When To Stop. Hodge podge kitchen décor is not just overwhelming to the eyes, but it makes the space appear very cluttered. Keep it simple and coordinating.
- Don’t Leave Appliances Out For Everyone To See. With all the new gadgets in stores, it can be difficult to find storage for everything. Appliances that aren’t used everyday should not be on your countertops. Take inventory and decide what and where items should be stored or donated.
- Do Think About What You Dislike In Your Current Kitchen. I have this one checked off my list as mentioned above.
- Don’t Adopt A Design That Doesn’t Suit Your Space. If the rest of your home is traditional and you go for a modern sleek Kitchen design, it’s really going to stand out but not flow with the rest of your space.
- Don’t Design For One Person. It is important to consider everyone in your household when re-designing your space. How many people live with you? Any kids or pets? Everyone should be enjoying this space.
Are you ready to tackle your Kitchen space now? We would love to see your recent room transformations so comment below. ☺