Pros and Cons of Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood floors add value to your home but there are still disadvantages to hardwood floors with the competitive marketplace of flooring, hardwood floors have taken a slight decrease with the popular waterproof flooring on the rise. We have all the pros and cons of installing hardwood floors for your next renovation.
- A long-term investment
- Variety of colors and species
- Quality that is ageless
- Easy maintenance and hygiene
- Healthy air quality at home
- Better for babies
- Good acoustics
- Easy to install
- Matches any decor
- Prone to termite attack
- Avoid water contact
- Limited usage for all rooms
- Cold underfoot
- May require refinishing
All in all, we think the CONs can easily become PROs with a little tweaking. Here is what we suggest:
- Cost – There are many grades of hardwood floors to choose from so the price can be very reasonable to suit any wallet.
- Prone to termite attack – call your local exterminator.
- Avoid water contact – Avoid flood-coating your floors while cleaning. We recommend this.
- Scratching – Trim pet nails and lift furniture instead of scooting to prevent scratches. If you need to fill in micro-scratches, try this.
- Limited usage for all rooms – Who wants wood floors in the bathroom anyway? Get creative with tile and switch it up in the bathroom.
- Cupping – Avoid leaks or water.
- Crowning – Avoid leaks or water.
- Noise – Place area rugs to soften the noise.
- Cold underfoot – Place area rugs under beds/furniture so you add warmth underfoot. You can also wear house slippers to keep your toes toasty.
- May require refinishing – Reach for Quick Shine! It’s like a new floor in a bottle!
Tags: clean floors, clean home, clean home tips, cleaning, cleaning guide, floor care tips, hardwood floor care, hardwood floors, home care tips