Hi Quick Shine® fans! Today we are going to discuss how to properly apply our Quick Shine® Multi-Surface Floor Finish or Quick Shine® High Traffic Hardwood Floor Luster. Both products are a water-borne polymer formulation designed to protect and impart a rich, deep, protective glow to sealed hardwood floors, wood laminate, stone, tile, vinyl and all other sealed hard surface flooring.
We want to share with you 6 simple steps to follow when applying the Floor Finish or Hardwood Floor Luster.
- It’s important to start with a clean, dry surface. For light cleaning, you can damp mop with plain, cool tap water. For more thorough cleaning you can clean with our Quick Shine® Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner or Quick Shine® High Traffic Hardwood Floor Cleaner. NOTE: Do not clean with oil soap, pine oil, orange oil, ammonia, vinegar or any other all-purpose cleaners as these cleaners can interfere with the film formation process by leaving sticky oily residue, detergent haze or an inadequate surface for maximum gloss.
- The Floor Finish or Hardwood Floor Luster should be spread with a damp mop or microfiber pad. Never spread the finishes with the same applicator that you used to clean the floor as the residue from the cleaner and/or soil can cause hazing and streaking. When applying, use broad even strokes and not a back-and-forth motion as if you were cleaning the floors.
- It’s also recommended to work in sections. The finish dries to a hard surface so if you squirt it across the entire floor surface and then try to spread it out, your floors will visibly have an uneven application where the finish has already started to dry on the last section of the floor.
- It is important to let the finish completely dry, which could take 45-60 minutes depending on humidity levels and temperatures, before applying another coat and before allowing pets or foot traffic on the floor.
- We recommend applying 2-3 initial coats for a deep, rich, protective glow. You can certainly apply more coats if you desire a higher shine.
- As a general rule-of-thumb, high traffic areas should be freshened every 2-3 months and light traffic areas every 4-6. You can even freshen just the high traffic lanes of the floor if you wish.
We hope this has helped you make your floors like NEW again! Quick Shine®, it’s like a new floor in a bottle.