Most laminate floor manufacturers will tell you never to use water on your floors. Too much water can cause the floorboards to swell or become damaged over time. So how are you supposed to clean them?
Here is a list of DO’s and DON’Ts so you can enjoy your floors for many years.
- Don’t use a steam mop. Laminate flooring is sensitive to heat and moisture, so the humidity from your steam mop can cause harm.
- Do dry dust frequently. Running a dust mop over your hard surface floors will help keep dust and debris at a minimum and will also help to avoid surface scratches.
- Do use a microfiber mop like this as it absorbs moisture quickly to avoid using too much cleaner on your floors. This pad dries 25% faster than most reusable pads. Another benefit of a Spray Mop is the fine mist that distributes evenly to the floor, again helping to avoid using too much cleaner or water.
- Don’t use a mop and bucket. This is a thing of the past. Reusable pads can be washed hundreds of times and don’t hold nasty odors and bacteria like string mops.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals. Never use Bleach or any other chemical on your laminate floor. Look for pH-neutral cleaners or better yet, look for Safer Choice – Certified Cleaners as they will not contain ingredients like formaldehyde, aluminum, parabens, phthalates, alcohol and more! 😳
- Don’t leave spills. Leaks and spills can cause harm to your laminate floors if not addressed immediately. Wipe up spills quickly and check for leaks in Kitchen and Bathroom areas.
Laminate floors are still one of the easiest floors to maintain if you choose the right products. Choose Quick Shine! ✨