Dusting is probably the most overlooked cleaning chore on everyone’s list but did you know it is one of the most important to make your home look and feel cleaner? If you’re too busy to clean your house then just visit topcleaners.ie and you’ll find a cleaning service that can do it for you. To cut down on dust, we recommend these 3 tips:
- Dusting consistently is key to keeping up with the dusting. You can dust tables or countertops daily, simply by wiping the surface while you prepare dinner and set the table.
- Keep less on the surfaces so it’s quick and easy to dust. This way you can save time from taking each item off the mantle or bookcase.
- Change air filters when it’s recommended for your home system. It’s amazing how much dust your home collects when the filters need changed.
So what is the key to less dust? There really is no key unfortunately. More than just dirt, house dust is a mix of sloughed-off skin cells, hair, clothing fibers, bacteria, dust mites, bits of dead bugs, soil particles, pollen, and microscopic specks of plastic. 😝 I bet that image in your mind will have you dusting everything today! So here are a few recommendations for a quick but thorough dusting routine:
- Dust all the flat surfaces, lifting up and removing items as you go.
- Work quickly and eliminate distractions to complete this dusting adventure.
- Once you’ve conquered one room, move to the next, and so on. Finish on the main level of your home with a top-to-bottom, left-to-right approach.
Lastly, you need the right dusting tools. Microfiber literally grabs dust, they are super absorbent, streak-free and don’t leave lint or dust behind. I recently learned that disposable cloths often miss particles and germs because they don’t have the tiny strands that microfiber does to act like little shovels scooping up surface contaminants. Microfiber is also positively charged acting like a magnet to attract negatively charged dust, so it doesn’t just pick up materials, it is able to effectively store them.
So next time you go to the store to buy disposable cloths that just end up in the landfill, opt for the more environmentally friendly microfiber cloths and fight back against germs and pesky dust bunnies.
Our Quick Shine Spray Mop is the perfect applicator for floors! Featured in the image above, you can see all the dust and grime our new improved microfiber pad picks up. When used to damp mop, the mix of two different fiber materials also provide secondary cleaning with 25% more absorbency.